Friday, December 1, 2006

# 42 "Riding a Rainbow" by The Kids from C.A.P.E.R.

(This predates Levar Burton's show btw.)

Gosh, I probably wore this record out. The song was the B-Side to the single, "Like a Hurricane." It was one of the first times I remember sitting and listening to a record over and over again. One time I was in New York and ran into Paul Shaffer (band leader for David Letterman, etc) and told him that this song was one of my favorites growing up (Paul was the arranger on this song) . It was such an old and obscure reference that I was sure Paul was impressed that my knowledge of his career was so extensive. Uh, yeah.

The Kids from C.A.P.E.R was a Saturday morning show that answered the question, "What if the Bay City Rollers were undercover crime fighters?" Sort of a less wacky more sophisticated version of The Monkees, maybe. I don't know. I just know I loved the show and this song.

See and hear the hit single below Rita Wilson (aka: Mrs. Tom Hanks) apparently is the woman in this video....it must have been painful to have shot those close-ups:

1 comment:

Big Cougar said...

Snubbed by Paul Shaffer? Impossible!

BTW, that video is unbeliveable.