Thursday, December 14, 2006

#17 KARATE - the bed is in the ocean

Now that I've got some of my 7th - 9th grade music foundation stuff out of the way, I can focus on my freshperson year of college when I stumbled upon Geoff Farina's Karate. Is it possible to actually be able to play the guitar AND make indie rock? Is it possible to basically play smooth jazz "licks" AND play indie rock? Is it possible...nevermind, you see what I'm saying. What was the question?

Anyway, this is a good record. And, I think he makes his own amps, which seems like a great way to waste some time. I don't make my own amps because I have friends and thusly can just hang out with them. And basically I don't even know how to change the volume on the amp I have. Playing guitar is basically dumb. Not really. What was the question?

No comments: