Saturday, March 10, 2007

Walk into the Wild...


#8 Harrod and Funck, Harrod and Funck.


The rest of the albums from here on out are virtually interchangeable. This has been one of my favorite albums since high school. A friend's older brother told us the story of how these guys would attract hundreds of people with their music on the sidewalks and subways of Boston. I saw these guys live at Calvin College and became an immediate fan. They are excellent musicians and great story tellers. My favorite songs on this album are Something, Walk Into the Wild, and the Lion Song (which my brother played for us at the rehearsal dinner before our wedding). I can't think of any songs on this album that I don't like. Unfortunately, they broke up in 1999 after only releasing 3 albums. Jason Harrod still makes music and has released a few albums lately (not nearly as good as the glory days) Check these guys out if you get a chance- http://www.harrodandfunck.com/



No comments: